Saturday, January 31, 2009

Judgement Day

I have a new theory I would like to share with you. I have done much reading on subjects such as religion and history of mankind. I have seen numerous documentaries on the subjects as well.

Recently I rented the new documentary from Bill Maher, Religulous. It is an excellent film on religion and it's destructive force in the world. It is really a great movie. Many things Bill covers about religion make you think. Especially the end of the movie. That is the best part and strongest message of the film.

I have come to the conclusion that this "Judgement Day" that is in all of our religious scriptures is nothing more than the final clash of cultures. Our inability to let others live will be our final demise.

No God will seek revenge. No Divine Being will rise from the dead. Simply put, we will do it to ourselves.

Hopefully this time, the lessons of what happens is not buried along with history of what happens.

No comments: