Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Stimulus Check Yet?

I am just your average Joe. A broke American trying to live that "dream" I hear so much about. I make a living as a musician, which is barely enough to pay my bills. I get by though.

When I heard of these Stimulus Checks, I was excited. I could use 300 extra dollars. I qualified and filed my 2007 taxes. Soon there after I received a letter from the federal government telling me I will be getting a check.

Well imagine my surprise after I waited and waited with no stimulus check arriving. I have heard others have gotten theirs.

So I did some research and found a page on the IRS site that tells you where your check is. Seems that I have been screwed because I tried to help my mother out this year on her taxes.

I did not work in 2007. I only made music. This was my income. So this year I let my mother claim me as a dependent to help her out financially. I was not getting anything back this year like most years.

Well this disqualified me from the stimulus rebate check!

If this is meant to help the economy and you are not sending it to the poorest people in the country who actually need it, then who is this money helping?

I think it is pure bullshit what I see any more from this Government and this has topped the cake. I had plans for that money to buy more product (CD's) to sell of my music. So they basically stopped me from building my business up more during a time when every one has tight funds. Exactly opposite of what those checks were meant to do. I wonder how many other Americans are being screwed. Then I wonder how many who didn't need it, received it. Sickening......

Fuck the Federal Government............

No comments: